8 Skin Care Ingredients That Will Change Your Life
There is really nothing like a best skin care product. This article aims to educate and empower you so that you can choose the best products for your needs!
First and foremost, you should understand how different skin care products work. All skin care products are composed of 2 types of ingredients: active and inactive. The active ingredients are the ones that actually work on your skin. The following are some of the most common active ingredients in skin care products:
- L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). A powerful antioxidant that helps fight off free radicals produced by UV, it promotes collagen synthesis and has skin-brightening properties. This ingredient can be found in Dab to Clear, Dab for Youthfulness, Dab to Firm, and Dab to Nourish.
- Argireline (acetyl hexapeptide). A powerful peptide that is rapidly absorbed into the skin and has a semi paralytic effect on facial muscles, thus resulting in minimizing the visibility of fine lines, wrinkles, and deep creases. Dab to Firm is an excellent source of this peptide.
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). A green tea extract that has extraordinary antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This ingredient is used to diminish wrinkles, minimize puffiness, and reduce the appearance of tired, sagging skin. Dab to Clear, Dab to Heal, Dab to Firm, and Dab to Illuminate are all excellent sources of EGCG.
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF). A polypeptide that increases collagen production and stimulates skin growth at the cellular level. EGF plays an important role in maintaining youthful, healthy skin structure and function. An abundance of EGF can be found in Dab to Illuminate, Dab to Nourish, Dab to Firm, and Dab for Youthfulness.
- Glycolic acid. An alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that has the ability to safely destroy bonds that holds proteins together while increasing collagen production. It is also capable of removing excess skin cells and reducing symptoms of psoriasis and eczema sufferers. Dab to Unveil is among the best exfoliates available. These towelettes are large and safe enough to medicate the entire body. They are a must for those who suffer from the devastating skin disorders previously mentioned.
- Vitamin A derivatives. A true “fix-all” ingredient, Vitamin A and its derivatives has dozens of uses. Because it is capable of normalizing blood flow, it is an excellent ingredient to reduce the symptoms of rosacea, increase wound healing, and promote healthy cellular membrane. It is also an excellent exfoliate that decreases the sebum production and brilliantly treats acne and hyperpigmentation. Finally, and most notably, this agent aids in the eradication of pre-cancerous skin lesions. Use Vitamin A or a derivative every night and, if well tolerated, day and night. We consider Vitamin A and its derivatives to be miracle ingredients and therefore put it in Dab to Clear, Dab for Youthfulness, and Dab for Nutrition.
- Salicylic acid. A derivative of aspirin, this anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory agent works terrifically to address many of the systemic causes of acne. It is widely referred to by dermatologists as the best, most cost-effective way of treating breakouts is that it has antimicrobial properties. It has the ability to penetrate into the pore lining and exfoliate inside the pore as well as on the surface of skin, which makes it highly effective for minimizing the visibility of pores, reducing breakouts, including blackheads and whiteheads. It is also well documented salicylic acid can improve skin thickness, barrier function, and collagen production and has also shown effectiveness effective in wart removal. Dab to Refresh, our signature face wash not only contains, salicylic acid, but it also contains lactic acid, a wrinkle combating AHA, and peppermint oil, a natural skin brightener, moisturizer, toner, and stress reducer.
- Hyaluronic acid (HA). A skincare ingredient that hydrates and plumps dry and aging skin. HA has the unique ability to hold moisture (1000 ml of water per gram of hyaluronic acid) and a profound a capability of penetrating the skin’s upper layers to engage in skin elasticity, hydration, repair and protection from UVB rays. Because of these properties HA is an exceptional ingredient found in Dab to Hydrate, Dab to Nourish, Dab for Youthfulness, Dab to Firm, Dab to Illuminate, Dab to Maximize, and Dab to Clear.
Inactive ingredients do not perform a specific action on skin but that does not minimize their significance. Inactive agents are just as necessary as active ingredients to the overall performance of a skin care product. They have very important roles in the product formulation; they are designed to perform at least one of three functions:
- Stabilizers: Ensure that the product will not degrade quickly to the point of ineffectiveness. Stabilizers also work to maintain the product’s texture and consistency.
- Preservatives: Discourage contamination by bacteria or other substances that can be harmful to the skin. Phenoxyethanol and parabens are common preservatives in skin care.
- Carriers: Deliver the active ingredients to where they will be most effective and beneficial to the skin. It’s not uncommon to find water as a delivery medium.
For any skin care product to me maximally effective, both active and inactive ingredients must work for your skin. The article contains tons of information but it is our hope that you will use this information to choose the best products for your needs!
If you found this article to be helpful, check out other articles in the “notes” section of Facebook. You can also sign up for our newsletter to have these info articles and unbeatable deals delivered to your inbox. Go to DermalDab.com for more information.
- Tags: acetyl hexapeptide active ingredients AHA alpha hydroxy acid anti aging argireline EGCG EGF Epidermal growth factor Epigallocatechin gallate free radicals Glycolic acid HA healthy skin Hyaluronic acid hydrate hydration inactive ingredients natural products natural skin care natural skincare retinol retinyl Salicylic acid skin bleach skin care skincare Vitamin A vitamin c wrinkles
- Dermal Dab